This Project entailed both the
renovation of the existing building (a building constructed in 1905 with
eight additions added to it) and new building additions, which yielded
55,000 square feet of space. The original building was last used as
the Milwaukee County Facilities Management Shops and Offices.
Wisconsin Athletic Club, Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital's continuing
education conference room and associated offices, City Market Restaurant and
Curative Rehabilitation Services now occupy the renovated building.
The key program requirement was to
convert the non-cohesive mass of existing building into a cohesive unit
designed to fit in with surrounding residential neighborhood and the
Milwaukee Regional Medical Center across the street while still presenting a
Commercial yet professional facade.